Your survey options
We understand that every requirement is different.
At PFK, we provide a variety of survey and valuation options that give you the right information you need.
This is a full report which includes our assessment of a property's value, taking into account the overall condition of the property and current market conditions. It is an appropriate report for a range of situations where a property's value forms part of financial portfolio planning. A property valuation report is suitable for: Inheritance tax and capital gains tax assessments, probate purposes, family property appraisals and planning, mortgage and bank lending security.
The RICS Condition Report describes the condition of the property, identifies any risks and potential legal issues and highlights any urgent defects. It uses simple ‘traffic light’ ratings to clearly identify the condition of the key elements of the property. Typically, the lowest priced of the surveys, it is aimed at conventional properties and newer homes.
This is a survey report popular with the majority of home buyers. It is produced in a straightforward, easy-to-understand format, under the regulatory umbrella of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS).
The report focuses on the main elements of the property, including any significant repairs or other matters requiring urgent attention. This enables the home buyer to assess whether a property is a reasonable purchase at the agreed price, and what actions should be taken before contracts are exchanged (eg repairs required).
A survey and valuation report includes details of:
- General condition of a property
- Any major faults, including structural movement, which are a threat to the fabric of the building and may affect value
- Urgent repairs which require further investigation before you commit to acquiring the property
- Results of damp tests to internal areas
- Condition of timbers, highlighting any issues in regard to woodworm or rot
- Estimated re-building cost, for buildings insurance purposes
- Market valuation of the property in present condition
Also known as a structural survey; this is the most comprehensive survey available. It provides an in-depth review of the condition and construction of a property in a detailed report that can be designed around your particular concerns.
A building survey report includes:
- A thorough and detailed assessment of the condition of the property
- Details of any serious structural defects which affect stability and safety of the structure
- Faults both major and minor
- Essential repairs which require urgent attention
- Essential repairs which require further specialist investigation, perhaps requiring detailed quotations before you make a legal commitment to purchase
- General maintenance repairs
- Matters to be referred to your legal adviser
- General maintenance advice for sustaining the condition of your property
Which survey do I need?
Speak to our team today and find out which type of survey best meets your needs.